Select one of the following categories to start browsing the latest GTA 5 PC mods:
@ghostfacekiffah I simply set it to false in the INI file. I didn't test it too much, but after I disabled, I can drive on a road where patrols pulled me several times by mistake.
Great mod, with many features but still have issues which makes it hard to play sometimes:
- police officer can't give ticket, just standing if you are in truck type vehicles (eg. tow truck)
- if you get out from your vehicle while policeman next to your vehicle, then your license plate gets an instant arrest warrant (no escape, you don't leave the scene)
- if your vehicle has warrant (no wanted stars!), any patrolling or roadside cops immediately chase you (seeing the pull me over type blip on them) and they instant open fire (wanna kill you)
- if you going with a taxi as a passenger, then police starts chasing taxi and try to shoot you, even if you reach your destination or you get out from taxi. Funny to see how they chasing taxi which leaving me and meanwhile they shooting back to me.
- I've seen a few scratch on my car and one bullet hole at back, then the police gives ticket because it is not roadworthy (would be better to have options how much damage means it is not roadworthy)
- I've found the driving against traffic feature no so reliable, but it can be turned off
- If you pay a ticket and going on you can get right after the next one with the same reason. Once I've payed my ticket I leaved the policeman and I went about 3 seconds and I got next one with the same reason. If your car has damage which violates the law (eg. broken indicator) you have no chance to repair. There should be a timer for license plate to be able to repair car.
@yachtlover Exact same issue happened at my side as well, near Strawberry yard when this script's message appears bottom of the screen, then game crashes to desktop. I could figure out what caused this issue. It seems, but it is not this script fault! If I removed (renamed) my MOD folder, then everything started to work near Strawberry tow truck service, so it is not related to scripts. I was edited my popgroup.ymt before to adding a ped, and despite of I edited it properly, it caused the game to crash at this place. I don't understand the reason, but as soons as I put back the original popgoup.ymt, then suddenly everything worked. Backup your popgroup.ymt from your MOD folder (mods\update\update.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\popgroups.ymt) and try to replace it with origional one, which not in the MOD.
Although this script crashes sometimes, games running fine, but if you don't want to reload all of your scripts just because of this, then you can restart it by typing:
into scripthookdotnet's console (Insert key by default).
@TeeKay Same problem here. As soon as you buy a bag from vendor and equip it, then any weapon can be used. I think it is a bug, but you can explain it as you can't wear heavier weapons until you get a duffle bag.
Anyone knows whether the X, Y, Z position settings in the INI file works or not? Whatever I change on those numbers seems doesn't do anything on equipped bag.
Setting these to false in INI file and still works:
It is a shame no one maintains this great mod anymore! Despite of some features don't work anymore, still makes the melee combat much more fun.
Could anybody find a solution for camera shake when you got wanted levels and you drive fast? No problem until I got a wanted level, then vehicle 1st person camera starts to shake. As fast as I drive as annoying this camera shake. As soon as wanted level clears, then everything is back to normal.
@Jayden585 I would like to vote for an option without apc's as @so_funny_m8 has already requested.
@Jayden585 Please don't get me wrong. I really like your new ideas and your mod, but how I play at the moment (my characters has no millions of dollars, body guards, full armaments), I found this too hardcore. Conflict with police is a core functionality of this game, and your mod make this part much enjoyable. Of course at end game I would like to see intense fights with cops all the way as well, with armored vehicles and bodyguards on my side! Just please keep an easier difficulty version of your mod.
(Thanks for tip to change back which files from version 1.5!)
@Jayden585 I would like to share my experience about 2.1c version. Only mod default options were used (no hardcore etc).
Very intense chase moments all the time. Your are always under pressure by Police. You have to keep your eye open all time. You are never be sure you made it. You have to carefully choose when to do any crime, because above 3 starts your only choice is to be in good armament and in good armor. If you are unprepared (no fast car, no armor, no weapon), on higher wanted star levels you are better to just surrender instead.
-Police all on your way despite of they do not see where do you try to escape. They have most times 6 sense. Doesn't matter they don't see you, they will know where you turned from your escape route. One time I turned to an unoccupied industrial area, but I didn't stop there I jumped to the river and I swam further away, I was all in cover. What I noticed they came from highway exactly to my direction regardless they have no clue where am I. I have this feeling all time with this new version. In previous 1.5 version I had no such issue.
-Police cars spawns all on your way, doesn't matter where are you heading, they are see you or not. They are on every escape route. Above 3 stars, you have so little chance to find a way out. Police cars all over around on all road. Once I tried to escape with high speed on motorway, then right next to me on lane a police car just spawned from nowhere. IMO in this way how it works, it breaks the immersion. I had a feeling this new version has different purpose than Police Tactics Enhancement version.
I do not know if it breaks compatibility with Better chases+, or what causes these issues, but I will downgrade 1.5 until then. In Better chases mod I can set from NativeUI menu how many police cars, helicopters etc. came after me in each wanted stars. This or some other mod's setting may interferes with this mod. I'm using Better Chases+, Stolen (by Daimian), Pull me over, World of variety mods which somehow related to cops and spawns intensity.
I found out the police can easily snipe you with Stun gun from far range (about 100 meters). I think a Stun gun should be a close range weapon, it has wires which connect to the bullets for shocking the target. In weapons.meta file the range limitation of this weapon has been changed from <LockOnRange value="10.000000" /> <WeaponRange value="11.000000" /> to <LockOnRange value="80.000000" /> <WeaponRange value="60.000000" />.
For my taste I changed these values back to the original (10 and 11).